Thursday, December 17, 2009

migranes and midnight massacares

i have had a migraine for last several days. I called my mom to get some support and she went straight to mach nine. "Oh, well are you sure that it's not a tumor". Thanks mom. I was looking for some hair stroking and light banter. I was prescribed fioracet by my midwife. When it stopped working I made a doctor's appointment. The doctor took the bottle from me and looked at the ingredients. "Well, lets see here, he said, caffeine, Tylenol, and oh, barbiturates". Oh. Cool. Anyway.. feel a bit better today. One of the residents at the ER was nice enough to manipulate my head. feels much better.

on sloane news... last night she was up at 11:30PM. At first, she was so sweet and cuddly. This is abnormal for my child. I asked her if she had to pee and she nodded. I took her to the bathroom and she refused to pee, stripped naked, and ran from me. She ran howling in the living room and could not be captured or consoled. She stayed this way for the next 20 minutes until we pretend went to bed. This approach did not work as she hung naked from the back of the couch. Ten minutes later I didn't know what else to do but wrestle her to the ground and forcibly put her undies and pajamas back onto her little writhing body. I then put her back into her crib where she wailed for the next 29 minutes. I kept thinking about my new job teaching parenting all the while. I never saw this situation in the manual. sheesh, this mama is tired!

No comments: