Wow, this blogging deal is addictive. I wish that I had started it at Sloane's birth. I can't imagine how anyone is able to do this considering the amount of work it takes to be a parent.
Meg and I went out and about today with the babies. We left Kent with a cavalier attitude about where the day would take us. We ended up at lunch and then to a book store. We entered the book store thinking that we would check out the over priced toys and look for some new books for the girls. Instead we wound up in a playland for Beachwood's elite. Apparently at this particular book store it is ok to play with the items for sale without paying for them - or with regard to the items themselves. I gently told Sloane that it was ok to do this as long as she didn't successfully eat the tags off of the toys. She merely smirked and went about her buisness as usual. If I were a paranoid person I would believe that we had entered an alter realm of suburbia. Trendy top forty music was playing through speakers surrounding our area and it ended up feeling like we were stuck in a wealthy person sit com. If this was a try out, I don't think that we passed. We mingled a bit with the other moms but were left wondering about the world of mommy hood for others. Are there other places like this? What else don't we know?
Sloane stood up on her own for the first time today. I left her to play in her pen while I showered. I came out to find her standing and hanging on the side of her pack and play. She looked as though she had been carefully planning her escape. I am truly frightened to learn how much life is about to change with her mobility. It feels as though with one task mastered, ten more begin. We put both of the babies in the bath tonight. Sloane got out of her bath contraption and went face first into the water as though she believed she could swim or deep sea dive. She has no fear. I think that she gave it to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment